Psychology Can Help

Sometimes you need someone to talk to...

What can I do/who can I call if I suspect elder abuse?

You can report a case of elder abuse or neglect to 866-723-3111.

An older adult, or any person who has reasonable cause to believe that an older adult needs Protective Services, may anonymously report this need to their Area Agency of Aging. To request a Protective Service investigation in Dauphin County contact (717) 780-6130 or Toll Free 1-800-328-0058, Extension 6130.

Find your county's Area Agency on Aging here.

If you suspect that abuse has occurred or is occurring, you can also report elder abuse to the Adult Protective Services (APS) agency for the state where the elder resides.

You can also use the Eldercare Locator help line immediately. The Eldercare Locator can be reached by telephone at 1-800-677-1116 and specially trained operators will refer you to a local agency that can help. The Eldercare Locator is open Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time.