Psychology Can Help

Sometimes you need someone to talk to...

What should I do if I am sexually assaulted?

If you experience a sexual assault call 911 and seek medical attention immediately at a local hospital or emergency room. You can also contact campus police and seek support from the college counseling or health services.
The decision to report being sexually assaulted can be a difficult one and supportive confidential psychological counseling can help in making that decision in sorting out your feelings and deciding what options there are and what steps to take. At first it can be very difficult to know what to do as there are so many feelings one experiences after sexual assault that can include guilt, shame, and confusion. It is important to know those are normal feelings to experience.