WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT SOMEONE IS SUICIDAL:
1. Talk to them alone in a private setting.
2. Ask them if they are thinking of killing themselves or are suicidal.
3. Ask them if they have a plan:
ADDITIONAL TIPS FOR HOW TO RESPOND TO YOUTH www.youthsuicidewarningsigns.org
If you notice any of these warning signs in anyone, you can help!
1. Ask if they are ok or if they are having thoughts of suicide
2. Express your concern about what you are observing in their behavior
3. Listen attentively and non-judgementally
4. Reflect on what they share and let them know they have been heard
5. Tell them they are not alone
6. Let them know there are treatments available that can help
7. Guide them to professional help
WHO TO CONTACT IF YOU SUSPECT SOMEONE IS SUICIDAL: